In 2019 the $10,000 Apirng Entreprenuer
Challenge was replaced by a
Landing Page Competition.
In 2018 we gave away $10,000 via an Aspiring Entrepreneur Challenge, that was open to all post-secondary school students in Alberta, who will complete at least 3 courses at one of Alberta’s colleges or universities between September 2017 and April 2018, were aspiring or first-time entrepreneurs who have not participated in a 150 Startups pitch competition or the 150 Startups Lean Startup Challenge, and had not generated more than $25,000 in revenue from their business venture.
Eligible students who completed all of the seven steps below between September 1st 21017 and March 31st, 2018 had their name put into a draw for $7,500 ($3,750 cash and $3,750 in business funding).
Those who also complete the ‘Velocity Challenge’, that is described in the email students receive once they complete the registration form below, got their name into a draw for an additional $2,500 cash.
To enter the $7,500 & $2,500 draws students had to register for the challenges by completing an entry form that was at the bottom of this page, complete the seven steps, below and once they have completed all seven steps they had to complete a sperate form verifying they have done all seven of the following steps:
- Add seven successful local entrepreneurs – who are not family friends or relatives – to their network
- Complete at least 6 of the 10 Steps to Turn an Idea Into a Business
- Identify five of the 10 Traits of Succesful Entrepreneurs that you most have
- Get feedback from 4 industry people on an idea you have for that industry
- Participate in, or watch at least 3 different BusinessLink webinars or 150 Startups webinars
- Attend at least two external industry or startup relevant networking events
- Have one 20-minute call with a BusinessLink advisor
Those who complete the above seven steps in the timeframe allotted and meet the requirements of the Velocity Challenge get their name into a separate draw for an additional $2,500 in cash.
Please contact Craig Elias – the organizer of 150 Startups – via cell/text (+1.403.874.2998) or this contact form if you have any questions or suggestions about 150 Startups or the above mentioned challenges.
NOTE: So you can get assistance with the seven steps, completing the form below will notify an on-campus coordinator at the institution of your registration.