Complete the form below to register
for the $10,000 challenges
If you’re still on this page after you hit submit on the
registration form there are errors in your submission!
The $10,000 Aspiring Entrepreneur Challenges are open to all post-secondary school students in Alberta, who are currently taking at least 3 courses at one of Alberta’s colleges or universities, are aspiring or first-time entrepreneurs who have not participated in a 150 Startups pitch competition or the 150 Startups Lean Startup Challenge, and have not generated more than $25,000 in revenue from their business venture.
Eligible students who complete all of the seven steps below between September 1st 21017 and March 1st, 2018 get their name put into a draw for $7,500 ($3,750 cash and $3,750 in business funding).
Those who also complete the ‘Velocity Challenge’, that is described in the email students receive once they complete the registration form below, get their name into a draw for an additional $2,500 cash.
To enter the $7,500 & $2,500 draws students must register for the challenges by completing the form below, finish the seven steps, and once they have completed all seven steps they must complete a form verifying they have done all seven of the following steps:
- Add seven successful local entrepreneurs – who are not family friends or relatives – to their network
- Complete at least 6 of the 10 Steps to Turn an Idea Into a Business
- Identify five of the 10 Traits of Succesful Entrepreneurs that you most have
- Get feedback from 4 industry people on an idea you have for that industry
- Participate in at least 3 BusinessLink webinars
- Attend at least two external industry or startup relevant networking events
- Have one 20-minute call with a BusinessLink advisor
Those who complete the above seven steps in the timeframe allotted and meet the requirements of the Velocity Challenge get their name into a separate draw for an additional $2,500 in cash.
Please contact Craig Elias – the organizer of 150 Startups – via cell/text (+1.403.874.2998) or this contact form if you have any questions or suggestions about 150 Startups or the above challenges.
NOTE: So you can get assistance with the seven steps, completing the form below will notify an on-campus coordinator at your institution of your registration.
* Means Mandatory