Innovation Rodeo 2022 – CROSSING THE CHASM
The 7th annual Innovation Rodeo is in person AND online, and it GIVES AWAY ALL THE REGISTRATION FEES from the event and has:
- Six keynote speakers where some of North America’s top subject matter experts share their expertise
- Five different pitch competitions that award $25,000 cash and $36,000 US in scholarships to first-time student entrepreneurs AND all the ticket proceeds to new technical founders
- Three Innovation Challenges that give away a total of $6,000 in cash prizes to participants
The Innovation Rodeo is made for problem solvers, innovators, entrepreneurs, change-makers, mentors, advisors, investors and ecosystem builders!
Each day is designed to solve the most common problems encountered when targeting the different markets – innovators, early adopters and the early majority.
- Monday is for anyone looking to build an equitable entrepreneurship ecosystem in Alberta or master the art of storytelling so they can get innovators as their first customer features Detroit’s April Jones-Boyle and Canada’s own Colleen Stewart, and gives away 100 copies of The Startup Community Way by Brad Feld and Ian Hathaway and 50 copies of The Story Compass by Colleen Stewarts.
- Tuesday is for anyone looking to get Innovators as customers, features design sprint expert Josh David Miller from Sacramento, California, an Innovation Challenge that awards $2,000, and a regional pitch competition where the winning entrepreneur wins $2,500 and the top two proceed to the pitch competition finals on Friday afternoon.
- Wednesday is for anyone looking cross the chasm and features prototype thinking expert Olivia Wong whose rapid learning methodology has been used in more than 50+ countries and by some of the world’s most respected brands (Google, Unicef, Autodesk, Mastercard, Asana, Github, Lululemon, UC Berkeley, UCLA), an Innovation Challenge that awards $2,000 and a regional pitch competition where the winning entrepreneur wins $2,500 and the top two proceed to the pitch competition finals on Friday afternoon.
- Thursday is for anyone looking to scale their sales efforts as they chase the early majority portion of the market and feature Nashville’s Cory Bray who is the author of eight sales books, an Innovation Challenge that awards $2,000 and a regional pitch competition where the winning entrepreneur wins $2,500 and the top two proceed to the pitch competition finals on Friday afternoon and gives away 50 copies of Cory’s book Sales Playbooks.
- Friday is for anyone looking to build a startup program and features Startup Program Design author Adam Berk from New York, a crowd favourite pitch competition by six of Alberta’s newest technical founders from Alberta’s upskilling programs and the finals of the student pitch competition that awards another $17,500 in cash and $36,000 US in scholarships to Draper University.
Throughout the week participants will learn new tools, exchange ideas, and share connections while developing the relationships, skills, and confidence needed to create new ideas and cross the chasm faster.
You can purchase day tickets or a discounted week pass.
Tickets are FREE FOR STUDENTS and start at $15 for startups and $20 for scaleups and everyone else.
Here are links to each of the speakers; below the list is the current schedule and the list of books we’re planning to give 100 copies away during the non-workshop sessions held the day before the workshops in question.
Below are the books we’re planning to give away 100 copies of during the event.