The Second Annual ‘Startup Saturday’ is being held on the morning of Saturday January 26th, 2019
After the success of the first Startup Saturday, that had almost 100 participants learn the 10 Steps of Turning an Idea Into a Business, we are running another morning event designed to help those looking to start a business that can’t dedicate a whole day or a whole weekend to getting their idea off the ground.
42% of businesses fail because there was no market need!
This year’s workshop is designed
The 1/2 day session will cover the three following topics:
- Lean Canvas 101: Nailing the Problem
- Lean Canvas 201: Identifying the Ideal Client
- Lean Canvas 301: Creating a Compelling Value Proposition
This event will leverage the momentum created when Ash Maurya (creator of the Lean Canvas and the Customer Forces Canvas) spent the first morning of the Innovation Rodeo educating almost 100 of Calgary’s advisors, mentors, investors and ecosystem supporters on how to scale a business and spent the afternoon teaching almost 150 early stage and aspiring entrepreneurs the secrets of building a product/service that people actually want
- The winner of a Global Billion Dollar Idea Competition, who was also the CEO of a company twice chosen by Dow Jones as one of the 50 most promising startups in North America.
- A co-founder and advisor to multiple Canadian StartUps that have grown to tens of millions of dollars in revenue – one of them has revenues of over $100 Million and is still growing!
- An award-winning product development expert whose marketing skills and passion for launching startups that helps business create, and find markets for, innovative products and services.
- An aspiring student entrepreneur who went from having an idea nobody wanted to winning a $100,000 pitch competition to now being a Lean Startups Advisor that is an expert in assumption testing.